South Dakota livestock producers take great pride in caring for their animals and their operations.
They also take responsibility for delivering safe and nutritious beef, pork, lamb, poultry and dairy products to consumers in a sustainable manner by combining quality assurance techniques with common sense animal husbandry practices. Our producers are always looking for new ways to improve the methods they use in animal care.
National Livestock Production Rankings
- Bison - #1 (2012)
- Beef Cows that have calved - #5 (2015)
- Calves Born - #5 (2014)
- Lambs Born - #5 (2014)
- Cattle on Feed - #7 (2015)
- All Sheep and Lambs - #7 (2015)
- All Cattle and Calves - #8 (2015)
- All Cattle/Calves - #8 (2015)
- Pigs Born-#9 (2014)
*Data courtesy of USDA NASS.