Authorization: Chapter 38-10 of the South Dakota Codified Laws (SDCL 38-10)
Activities: Provide for utilization, research and market development of wheat grown in South Dakota.
Organization: Administered under Department of Agriculture. Commission retains quasi-judicial, quasi-legislative, advisory, nonadministrative and special budgetary functions.
Composition: Five members appointed by Governor who:
- Are landowning residents of South Dakota;
- Are at least twenty-five years of age and residents of South Dakota;
- Have been actually engaged in growing wheat in this state for a period of at least five years;
- Derive a substantial portion of their income from growing wheat; and
- Are participating growers.
Two East River members; two West River members, and one member at large.
Ex officio, nonvoting members: South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture, Dean of Agriculture at South Dakota State University, and the president of the South Dakota Crop Improvement Association.
Term of Appointment: Three years, no more than four consecutive terms.
12434 357th Avenue
Ipswich, SD 57451
43445 171st Street
Clark, SD 57225
118 Terri Lane
Pierre, SD 57501
30394 266th Street
Witten, SD 57584
1524 Lakeview Lane
Mitchell, SD 57301