Rules and curriculum packets are available for the poster contest from the RC&F Division in early fall of each year. The poster contest is open to South Dakota fifth grade students. The top 12 posters will be featured in the annual South Dakota Arbor Day Poster Contest Calendar.
- First Place: $125 cash prize plus $175 for their teacher to purchase educational supplies
- Second Place: $100 cash prize
- Third Place: $75 cash prize
The contest is sponsored by the RC&F Division, South Dakota Arborists Association, Dakotas Chapter of the Society of American Foresters, and Aspen Arboriculture Solutions LLC. The RC&F Division determines the annual contest theme and provides the curriculum packets which are available online at the links below.
- 2019 School Winner Submission Form
- 2019 Invitation Letter
- 2019 Inter-disciplinary Curriculum Guidebook
How to Enter
Deadlines for entries each year are usually in late March with the awards presented on or around Arbor Day, which traditionally falls on the last Friday in April.