Congratulations to Mike Held, the 2013 Governor's Ag Ambassador Award Recipient! View Video Here!
This award is to be presented to an individual or organization that has contributed to the agriculture industry; features a particularly outstanding campaign or other education aimed at increasing the public’s agricultural awareness, leadership and education; and has demonstrated a variety of environmentally conscious business practices or policies.
The award is presented each year at the Governor’s Ag Development Summit. Nominations must be received in the SDDA office by April 1.
- An individual or organization that has provided leadership and made a positive contribution to South Dakota Agriculture.
- Has a strong tie to the agricultural industry in South Dakota.
- Has strong ties to the agricultural industry and has shown leadership or involvement in the agricultural community.
- A special consideration given to an individual or organization who has developed projects aimed to encourage involvement in agriculture.
- Individual or organization has developed an educationally motivated campaign aimed at public agricultural awareness.
- The campaign or other vehicle impacts, influences and engages the public.
- Emphasis is placed on a unique, dynamic and innovative campaign or other education vehicle.
- A visible organizational commitment of agricultural practices.
- Agricultural practices are economically viable and sustainable.
- Focus placed on proactive agricultural policies and practices.