Rules and curriculum packets are available for the poster contest from the RC&F Division in early fall of each year. The poster contest is open to South Dakota fifth grade students only. The top 12 posters will be featured in the annual South Dakota Arbor Day Poster Contest Calendar.
- First Place: $100 cash prize plus $100 for their teacher to purchase educational supplies
- Second Place: $75 cash prize
- Third Place: $50 cash prize
The contest is sponsored by the division, the South Dakota Arborists Association and the Dakotas Chapter of the Society of American Foresters. The division determines the annual contest theme and provides the curriculum packets which are available online at the links below.
- 2014 Invitation Letter
- 2014 Inter-disciplinary Curriculum Guidebook (School Winner Report Form Page 20)
- 2013 Poster Contest Winners
How to Enter
Deadlines for entries each year are usually in late March with the awards presented on or around Arbor Day, which traditionally falls on the last Friday in April.