State law requires that all pesticide products sold in South Dakota be registered with the South Dakota Department of Agriculture. Product labels are reviewed for compliance with state and federal labeling requirements.
The biennial cost for registering a pesticide is $240 per product. Over 10,000 pesticide products are currently registered for use in the state, for both agricultural (15%) and non-agricultural (85%) uses. Department field staff check for compliance with registration and labeling requirements.
- South Dakota Generic Pesticides and Groundwater State Management Plan, January 2000
- South Dakota Pesticide Program Brochure
- South Dakota Pesticide Product Registration Form
- Pesticide Products Sold on the Internet Must be Registered with US EPA
- EPA Determining If Insect Repellent Skin Patch Products Must Be Registered Under FIFRA
- EPA Pesticide Registration Manual (Blue Book)
- EPA Pesticide Label Review Manual
- EPA Pesticide Label Review Training
Pesticide Product Registration
- Pesticide Product Registration On-line
- Pesticide Registration Search (by Company)
- Pesticide Registration Search (by Product) (SDDA database search – EPA registered products only)
- South Dakota Pesticide Registration Fee Distribution
- FIFRA Section 18 Emergency Exemptions
- FIFRA Section 24c Special Local Need Registrations
Laws and Regulations
- Draft Guidance for Pesticide Registrants on Pesticide Drift Labeling Document ID: EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0628-001; EPA Docket ID: EPA-HQ-OPP-2009_0628 (regulations.gov)
- South Dakota Codified Law 38-20A-4
- South Dakota Codified Law 38-20A
- 40 CFR Part 150-189 Pesticide Programs
Receive Agronomy Services email updates. Join our mailing list.