South Dakota livestock producers take great pride in caring for their animals and their operations.
They also take responsibility for delivering safe and nutritious beef, pork, lamb, poultry and dairy products to consumers in a sustainable manner by combining quality assurance techniques with common sense animal husbandry practices. Our producers are always looking for new ways to improve the methods they use in animal care.
National Livestock Production Rankings
- #1 - Bison (2012)
- #2 - Honey Production (2017)
- #3 - Flaxseed Production (2017)
- #4 - Oats Production (2017)
- #5 - Beef Cows (2018)
- #6 - Corn for Grain Production (2017)
- #7 - Cattle and Calves (2018)
- #8 - Corn for Silage (2017)
- #9 - Pig Crop (2017)
- #10 - Hay Production (2017)
*Data courtesy of USDA NASS.