- Value of Honey Bees to South Dakota
- Apiary Inspection Program
- Apiary Inspection Program Brochure
- Alternative Pollinators: Native Bees
- Managing Alternative Pollinators: A Handbook for Beekeepers, Growers and Conservationists
- USDA, ARS, Honey Bee Lab: Survey Reports Latest Honey Bee Losses (5/19/2009)
- USDA National Agriculture Library: Learn about Colony Collapse Disorder
- Africanized Bees Brochure
- 2001 – 2009 Maps – Bee Kill Investigations by County
Apiary Program Online
- Online Apiary Registration and Compliance Agreement
- South Dakota Apiary Location Maps (SDDA Sensitive Site Registry)
- Application for Compliance Agreement
- Application for Registration and Permanent Location Permit
- Application for Temporary Pollination Permit
- Bee Location Permission
- Entrance Permit Application
Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement
- Inspection – Conducts permit, recordkeeping, sampling and pest and disease inspections to ensure complaince with federal and state laws.
- Enforcement – Conducts investigations of alleged apiary law violations on its own initiative or in response to a complaint from the public and assesses fines and penalties against violators.
- Permitting/Certification/Registration – Issues permits, certificates and registrations to move, place and import bees and colonies to ensure freedom from pests and compliance with state and federal law.
- SDCL 38-18; Apiaries
- ARSD 12:41; Apiaries
- 7CFR Part 322; Bees, Beekeeping Byproducts and Beekeeping Equipment