Soil Amendment Program Online
- SD Soil Amendment Registration and Renewal Online
- SD Registered Soil Amendments by Company (search)
- SD Soil Amendments by Product (search)
- Soil Amendment Application for Registration
- Soil Amendment Tonnage Inspection Report and Remittance Form
- Soil Amendment Product and Tonnage Supplemental Online fillable print & mail form. Do Not submit this form without the Soil Amendment Tonnage Inspection Report and Remittance form. Use this form for additional products that will not fit on the main form.
Laws and Regulations
- SDCL 38-19A Soil Amendments
Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement
SDDA Compliance and Enforcement programs ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations through the following activities:
- Inspection – Conduct fertilizer and soil amendment guaranteed analysis sampling, proof of claims, labeling, storage, production, distribution and recordkeeping inspections to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Enforcement – Conducts investigations of alleged agricultural fertilizer and soil amendment law violations on its own initiative or in response to a complaint from the public and assesses fines and penalties against violators.
- Licensing / Registration – Licenses fertilizer producers, dealers and distributors and issues storage permits to ensure compliance with state and federal laws. Registers soil amendment products to insure compliance with state and federal law.
Anhydrous Ammonia Leak Investigations
Fertilizer Spill Investigations
Liquid Leak Detection
2010 No Liquid Leak Detection Investigations
2011 Liquid Leak Detection Investigations by County