Nursery Program Online
- Online Nursery Permit Application Now Available!
- Nursery Permit Application
- Nursery Permit Application (online fill, print and mail form)
Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement
SDDA Compliance and Enforcement programs ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations through the following activities:
- Inspection – Conduct fertilizer and soil amendment guaranteed analysis sampling, proof of claims, labeling, storage, production, distribution and recordkeeping inspections to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Enforcement – Conducts investigations of alleged agricultural fertilizer and soil amendment law violations on its own initiative or in response to a complaint from the public and assesses fines and penalties against violators.
- Licensing / Registration – Licenses fertilizer producers, dealers and distributors and issues storage permits to ensure compliance with state and federal laws. Registers soil amendment products to insure compliance with state and federal law.
Rules / Laws
- SDCL 38-24B Nursery Stock & Plant Pest Control
- SDCL 38-22 / ARSD 12:62 South Dakota Weed & Pest Control
- SDCL 38-24A / ARSD 12:51 Plant Quarantine & Treatment