Container Recycling Program Information
- ACRC Pesticide Container Recycling Checklist
- Reducing Pesticide Waste in South Dakota
- Homeowner Pesticide Storage and Disposal Guidelines
- Producers and Commercial Applicators Pesticide Storage and Disposal Guidelines
- Pesticide Refillable Container Rules
Laws and Regulations
- SDCL 38:20A:54 Promulgation of rules to develop a waste pesticide collection, disposal and container recycling program
- ARSD 12:56:18 Pesticide Recycling and Disposal
- ARSD 12:56:18:02 Containers Acceptable for Recycling
- ARSD 12:56:18:03 Pesticides Acceptable for Collection
- EPA overview of Pesticide Universal Waste Rule
- 40 CFR Part 273 Federal Standards for Universal Waste Management
Container Collection Schedule and Sites
- 2016 Pesticide Container Recycling Collection Schedule
Pierre Collection Site: The hours of operation at the SDDA Pierre, SD pesticide container collection site vary. Before you go to the Pierre pesticide container collection site with your containers, please call our office at 605.773.4432 to insure someone will be there to help you.
Vermillion Collection Site: Missouri Valley Recycle Center Contact Bob Iverson or Dave Christopherson 605.677.7076 before you go.
Recycling Mini Bulks
Pesticide Container Recycling Reports
Waste Pesticide Collection Program
Any pesticide formulation can be considered waste (unusable) if:
- The label uses have been canceled (i.e. DDT and toxaphene)
- The product is no longer in usable condition (i.e. dry products that have caked or liquids that have settled and can’t be remixed)
- The product is unidentifiable or the label is missing, making proper use impossible
- Examples of Cancelled Pesticides in the United States
- What Happens to Waste Pesticide
- Obsolete Home and Garden Pesticides: A Quiet Crisis
Waste Pesticide Collection Sites
Pierre Collection Site: The hours of operation at the SDDA Pierre, SD waste pesticide collection site vary. Before you go to the waste pesticide collection site with your pesticides, please call our office at 605.773.4432 to insure someone will be there to help you.
We must have the information on the Waste Pesticide Registration Form before we can accept your pesticide waste. Please complete the Waste Pesticide Registration Form before you come to the collection site.
- Waste Pesticide Registration Form
Enter the following information in the boxes for the products you wish to pre-register:
Name of Product, Manufacturer, Active Ingredient, USDA or EPA Reg. No., Approximate Amount, Liquid or Dry, Container Type and Size, Container Condition or Approximate Age.