Rules and curriculum packets are available for the poster contest from the RC&F Division in early fall of each year. The poster contest is open to South Dakota fifth grade students only. The top 12 posters will be featured in the annual South Dakota Arbor Day Poster Contest Calendar.
- First Place: $100 cash prize plus $100 for their teacher to purchase educational supplies
- Second Place: $75 cash prize
- Third Place: $50 cash prize
- 2017 School Winner Submission Form
- 2017 Invitation Letter
- 2017 Inter-disciplinary Curriculum Guidebook (School winner report form on page 19)
How to Enter
Deadlines for entries each year are usually in late March with the awards presented on or around Arbor Day, which traditionally falls on the last Friday in April.